Monday, 7 March 2011

8.2: Planning the promotion of the documentary.

In order to get the word out about my documentary, i have to consider various ways in which to promote it. I would like to take a unique approach so that it stands out and isn't promoted using the same techniques that most products are.
E.G: posters, leaflets etc.

- I can possibly use some of the Guerrilla marketing techniques that I learned during a previous course as they take new innovative ways of promoting which makes people remember the product.
- I might even use a flash mob to promote it as it is another way in which grabs an audiences attention and leaves a memorable mark. I could take a clip from the documentary and perform it in the playground where a majority of students are.
- I could also use a bull horn in the playground and shout out some information about when it is taking place and where tickets can be purchased from etc.

I will not completely disregard the traditional methods of promotion so may consider using posters and leaflets but not as my main promotional outlet. This is because they do prove to be succesful in some cases so may support my promotional efforts.
  • My first initial idea is by using a different form of flash mobbing where I take individual characters from different scenes and have them randomnly dotted around the playground at a stall. The students can go to each of the characters and ask things about them and they would have to answer in character.
  • Another idea could be to create a short podcast about the guide and use the TV that is in the atrium to play it on so that when people come into school they will be able to see it.
  • Going into assemblies could be an effective and large scale method in which to promote the survival guide as it will directly reach all year groups and inform them on how they can come and see it.
  • I also might use Guerilla Marketing as that shows pure originality and uses methods to stick into your heads. I could have a range of cupcakes dotted around school with a symbol or note on it that represents the film.

No comments:

Post a Comment