My project didn't exactly answer my question as the whole idea of it had to be changed. However, I did manage to answer my question through other means. I interviewed a few school children and asked them my question "how do children of the 21st century survive school." I recieved a variety of replies, some saying that they just 'get on with it' and some giving a brief account on some of the things they do. For example, one person said "i like to just keep my head down and keep myself to myself. I feel that way I don't get involved with anything out of my comfort zone and just stick with my group of friends." Another person said "I think that the best way to survive school is to show your true self and embrace it. It seems that less people want to give you trouble that way and like you even more, without having to be mean or someone your not." School can be like a battlefield for children these days and it is very interesting to know what people do to 'fit in' and to avoid become a target for a bully.
It goes to show that pupils undertake all sorts of methods to 'survive school' and different methods work for different people. One particular answer can not be given to sum up this question as it varies with people.
No comments:
Post a Comment